Can we just appreciate Claire Littleton for a moment?
- Her father abandoned her when she was two.
- Her mother went into a fucking coma.
- Her bitchface of a father wants her to pull the plug on her comatose mother. The same father that just up and left her.
- She gets pregnant by a douchenozzle who convinces her to keep the baby even though she doesn’t want to THEN leaves her with no support for the child he helped create.
- She decides to give her baby up for adoption because she doesn’t feel that she can provide a good life for her baby.
- THE PLANE FUCKING CRASHES ON AN ISLAND.
- THEN! She thinks her baby is dead.
- She gets kidnapped and drugged by creepy Others who want to cut her baby out of her!
- She has to give birth in the middle of a forest with people who have NO knowledge of birthing babies.
- Danielle kidnaps her baby.
- Her baby gets really, really sick and she’s freaking the fuck out.
- She finds out Charlie was lying to her about the drugs.
- Then Charlie goes apeshit crazy and begins taking the baby without permission.
- When she finally reconciles with Charlie, he keeps almost dying.
- She gets really, really sick because of those stupid Others.
- Charlie dies.
- She almost gets blown the fuck up.
- She gets lured away by the Man in Black posing as her father.
- Kate takes baby Aaron because alone in the jungle is no place for a baby.
- Claire goes crazy because she thinks the Others took her baby.
- Then she doubts that she can even be a mother to her son because for the last three years, the people who were friends completely forgot about her (except Kate but jeez, you took your time, woman).
So, if she acts a little bitchy towards Charlie or you find her annoying, shut up, please. She’s been through a lot of shit - including being drugged/kidnapped and her baby being kidnapped. And I get all the Losties have issues but she was 21/22 when they crashed on the island. IT’S A LOT TO GO THROUGH AT THAT AGE.
I FUCKING LOVE WHOEVER TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS.
FUCK THE HATERS.
Top 40 Ships (the order is pretty irrelevant) - #24: Charlie&Claire (Lost)
- “Thanks, Charlie.” “For what?” “People don’t seem to look me in the eye here. I think I scare them. The baby… it’s like I’m this time bomb of responsibility just waiting to go off.” “You don’t scare me”
- “You’re pregnant! I mean, do you not crave anything? Pickles…fried ice cream… chocolate…” “Peanut butter. I’m the only Australian who loves peanut butter.” “I can get you peanut butter.” “Yes, sure you can. “Yes, I can. And when I get you peanut butter, you have to vacate this sandy shore of depression and move to the caves. Deal?” “Deal.”
- “I told you I’d take care of you.” “Thanks, Charlie.” “You’re quite welcome. You think you can make it back to the caves? I won’t let anything happen to you.”
- “You know, I’m not giving up on you either, Charlie. It’s gonna be okay. You’re gonna be okay. We’ll get through this together”
- “See you soon.” “Be careful, Charlie. Okay?”
- “The entire bag of heroin is stuck in my throat. It’s…it’s over. Everything starts to go dark, I’m slipping into the abyss. And then I see…her. A woman, blonde, rapturously beautiful…and I know her. We’re together. It’s like we’ve always been and always will be.”
CHARLIE: Ah, this is good. I’m writing again. I’m really feeling it, as well. So, what’s the first thing you’re going to do when we get rescued?
CLAIRE: You know, I don’t really know.
CHARLIE: You can hang out with me in L.A. — you and turnip-head. You know, until you figure things out.